Welcome to The Hermanus History Society
NOTICE OF MEMBERS MEETING:
Date: Monday 28 August
venue: Cathelic Church Hall at 16:00
HOW ARE WE GETTING ON AFTER FIVE YEARS?
1. A Fascinating Glimpse of Old Hermanus: video interview with Sydney Oblowitz, given in 2010 when he was 95 years old. Introduction by Robin Lee.
3.. Report by Angela Heslop and Robin Lee about 5 years of activity:
- Part One: Management, membership and meetings (AH)
- Part Two: Presentations and Publications (RL)
- Part Three: Memorial plaques, excursions, library and the website (AH)c
- Part Four: Your Society has a Facebook page (Victoria Mouton)
- Part Five: Research in hand at present (AH and RL)
- Part Six: Developments in finance and funding (MC/RL)
The interest in history started in 2007 when SJ du Toit introduced Angela Heslop to local history
Later we formed a group when tasked to do a time line of the history of Hermanus by the Heritage and Aesthetics committee.
Click on the Article's title or the image to Read More
The interest in history started in 2007 when the late SJ duToit a well-known writer of the people and places related to Hermanus and Stanford, introduced Angela Heslop to local history. Five key people formed a group to undertake the task to create a time line of the history of Hermanus, requested by the Heritage and Aesthetics committee.
The Hermanus History Society (HHS) is working towards becoming the premier source of information concerning the history of the greater Hermanus area (from Voelklip to Fisherhaven), the Hemel-en-Aarde valley and selected inland rural areas. This information will be made freely available to all interested parties.